Sunday, September 16, 2007

Deal's Gap - Conclusion

Over 10,000 kms in 15 days. An average of 715 kms/day and 10 hours/day on the road. Going nearly across the North American continent and visiting the "holy land" of motorcycling. Was it worth it?

Hell ya!

Would I do it again?

Maybe not. At least not in the same way. I really loved the roads that the western states have to offer. Everything up to Wyoming basically. I love the Smoky Mountain area in the east and Deals Gap (and surrounding roads) is truly what it's cracked up to be. This is assuming you do it early enough to avoid the cops and traffic. Trust me, it'll be worth it!

But what I really hated was the prairie states in the middle. I think if I was to do it again, I would trailer the bikes over and skip the middle altogether. The other thing I would do differently is to spread it out into at least 20 days. The long days really take a toll on you. It was stupidity that got us going and raw adreline and anticipation that kept us riding. A few extra days as non-riding rest days would make a huge difference.

But one things for sure, there is no regret. Now that I got crossing North American and Deals Gap of my Todo list, it's time for another continent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eric - what a blast you had! Your photos are breathtaking. Your trip certainly inspires me to seek out new adventures. Awesome.